Tidal and current predictions anywhere along the UK coast that can also be used offline via the use of bookmarks.
anyTide predicts coastal tidal heights and tidal currents from a combination of gauge (shown with pins) and model data from around the North West European Shelf, with particular focus on the British Isles.
Within this region, anyTide can provide tidal predications anywhere to the nearest 1.8km.
A computer model fills the gaps between the coastal observation points. This model was developed at NOC Liverpool. It is 3D and resolves the North West European shallow seas to features as small as 1.8km.
Note that tidal heights or currents at bookmarked locations can be viewed without a network connection.
The tide chart features are:
* zoomable from 12 hours to 3 weeks
* swipe right or left to scroll time periods
* auto and manual height scale from 5m to 15m
* long press to access precise time / height data
The current map features are:
* pan and zoomable map
* grid array of current vectors (arrows) generated
* speed and direction at any point during the day
* select calendar to switch dates (purchase required)
The app is free to download. In this state it will provide tidal and current prediction for all points for the current day.
It will also give tidal predictions for the point (N 53.433 W 3.100). This is just off the Liverpool coast close to where the original observatory for measuring time and predicting tides was founded.
Tidal and current predictions for all the UK can be purchased (per calendar year) from within the app.
The Natural Environment Research Council (NERC)
NERC is the UK's main agency for funding and managing research, training and knowledge exchange in the environmental sciences.
Our work covers the full range of atmospheric, Earth, biological, terrestrial and aquatic science, from the deep oceans to the upper atmosphere and from the poles to the equator.
The National Oceanography Centre (NOC)
NOC is a fully-owned research laboratory of the Natural Environment Research Council.
Our world-class research includes:
* physics of estuarine, coastal and shelf sea circulation
* wind wave dynamics & sediment transport processes
* global sea level science and geodetic oceanography
* marine technology & operational oceanography
* We live on an ocean dominated planet - two thirds is covered by water. The oceans directly affect our planet's climate and ecosystems. They are all undergoing massive changes; we need to discover and understand more about them. Our science and research is now more important and relevant than ever.
The National Tidal and Sea Level Facility (NTSLF)
NTSLF was established in 2002 to reflect the importance of national sea level monitoring to the public and government, as well as to the academic community.
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
anyTide UK Tides is a free software application from the Reference Tools subcategory, part of the Education category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2013-03-12. The program can be installed on iOS.
anyTide UK Tides (version 9.0) has a file size of 4.82 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 0 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.